Step By Step Instructions
1) Sandwich the cakes together using a little icing. Cut two pieces from each side of the cake (they should be quarter of the diameter of the cake). Trim two small triangles off the front to form the snout (reserve these for baby hedgehog(s)).
2) Attach the sides to the top of the cake with more icing to form a hedgehog shape.
3) Cover the whole cake in icing.
4) Add nose and eyes. I used coffee beans and a vegetarian fruit jelly.
5) Wipe the Montezuma's giant dark chocolate buttons (with thumb or kitchen roll) to make them shiny. Snap them in half, and stick the broken sides into the icing to form the spines.
6) If you want, use the off cuts of cake to make 1 or 2 baby hedgehogs. You could use green icing to make 'grass' swirls round the edge of the plate, or use a green plate or board.