Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Quantity: Serves 4
800-900g (2 lbs) Potatoes
50g (2 oz) pine nuts
6 tbsp olive oil
25g (1 oz) basil
1/2 clove of garlic
1/4 tsp white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
3 tbsps soya milk
1) Peel the potatoes if you want, and cut the medium/large ones into halves or quarters
2) Put them in a large saucepan of boiling water and boil them for about 20 minutes until totally cooked.
3) Put pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, vinegar and basil in a blender. Blend briefly until pine nuts and basil are roughly chopped but not too runny! Season with salt and pepper.
3) Drain the potatoes and mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
4) Add the soya milk and pesto and blend into the mashed potato.
5) Serve while still warm.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.