Oven Temperature: 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Quantity: Serves 4-6
1 head of broccoli
25g (1 oz) plain flour
25g (1 oz) vegetable margarine
300ml (1/2 pint) of soya milk
Salt and pepper
25g (1 oz) breadcrumbs
25g (1 oz) Soya cheese (optional)
1) Cut the broccoli into florets and put them in a small ovenproof dish.
2) Melt margarine over low heat and stir in the flour. Let the flour cook gently for one or two minutes.
3) Add soya milk a little bit at a time. Whisk each time so that the soya milk doesn't curdle.
4) Return to the heat, and stir until the sauce has thickened. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5) Pour the sauce over the broccoli and sprinkle breadcrumbs (and soya cheese) on top.
6) Cook at about 200ºC/400ºF for about 25 minutes, until the broccoli is cooked and the breadcrumbs are browned.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.