Brandy Snap Basket
Oven Temperature: 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6
Cooking Time: 7 minutes per batch
Quantity: Makes about 6
50g (2 oz) margarine
2 tablespoons golden syrup
50g (2 oz) golden granulated sugar
50g (2 oz) plain flour
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp vegan brandy
1) Put the margarine, golden syrup and sugar in a pan and heat gently for a few minutes until bubbling.
2) Add the flour and ginger, then stir in the brandy.
3) Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment and dollop a tablespoonful of mixture in the middle. Spread it out to form a circle.
4) Bake for 7 minutes at 200ºC/400ºF until dark golden brown.
5) Leave to cool on the tray for a minute, then remove as soon as you are able and drape the brandy snap over a small dish/ramekin/upturned muffin tin. Press gently into shape.
6) Repeat the process with the other brandy snaps. Store them in an airtight box until you are ready to use them.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.