Oven Temperature: 220ºC/435ºF/Gas 7
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Quantity: The photo doesn't do it justice! It really is nice.
1/2 packet of tuna substitute (from The Vegan Store) or quinova chunks.
1 tin of sweetcorn - drained
25g (1 oz) margarine
275ml (half a pint) of soya milk
Salt and pepper
1 tsp curry powder
25-50g (1 -2 oz) breadcrumbs/crushed bag of ready salted crisps - optional
1) Make up the tuna substitute according to the packet. Put it in an ovenproof dish with the sweetcorn and curry powder.
2) Melt margarine over low heat and stir in the flour. Let the flour cook (but not brown) gently for one or two minutes.
2) Add soya milk a little bit at a time. Whisk vigorously each time so that the soya milk doesn't curdle.
3) Return to the heat, and stir until the sauce has thickened. Season.
4) Pour the sauce over the tuna substitute and sweetcorn. Blend the sauce in, sprinkle breadcrumbs or crisps on top, if using, and cook for about 25 minutes at 220ºC/435ºF until browned.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.