Vegan Shepherd's Pie
Oven Temperature: 220ºC/435ºF/Gas 7
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Quantity: Serves 4
2 cloves garlic
225g (8 oz) frozen soya mince
1 tin tomatoes
Salt and pepper/Vegetable stock cube
About 6 potatoes
3 tbsp margarine
About 4 tbsp soya milk
50g (2oz) frozen peas
1) Chop the onion and garlic and fry in a little oil until softened.
2) Add the soya mince, tomatoes, herbs and salt and pepper.
3) Simmer for about 30 minutes.
4) Peel the potatoes (if you want) and quarter them. Boil for about 15 minutes until soft.
5) Mash the potatoes with the margarine and soya milk. Stir in the peas.
6) Pour soya mixture into an ovenproof dish, and arrange mashed potato on top. Use a fork to distribute evenly.
7) Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes at 220ºC/435ºF until the top has browned.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.