Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Quantity: Serves 4
25g (1 oz) margarine
1 onion, finely chopped
320g (11 oz) arborio rice
1 glass of white wine
1 litre (about 1 3/4 pints) vegetable stock (use 2 stock cubes)
1 carrot, sliced
1 small tray asparagus tips
1 cup of frozen petit pois
Salt and pepper
Chopped fresh basil
1) Melt margarine in a large saucepan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes until softened.
2) Add rice, stir until coated then pour in the wine.
3) Cook for 20 minutes, adding stock every few minutes when the risotto becomes dry and starts to stick.
5) After 10 minutes add the carrots, and add the asparagus 5 minutes later (5 mins before serving).
6) Add the petit pois a couple of minutes before you're ready to eat. Check seasoning and garnish with chopped basil.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.