Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Quantity: Serves 4
Tofu can be marinated first in soy sauce and crushed garlic.
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 block tofu (175g (7 oz)) - cubed
1 clove garlic - sliced
3-4 portions of vegan noodles (e.g. rice noodles)
1 red onion
2 carrots - finely sliced
1 courgette - finely sliced
1 red pepper - finely sliced
100g french beans
1tsp fresh ginger - peeled and chopped
3 chopped spring onions
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar or lime juice
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1tsp sweet chilli sauce
4 tbsp water
1) Fry the tofu cubes in oil until browned. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl, blend the soy sauce, vinegar/lime juice, peanut butter, sugar, chilli sauce and water.
3) Stir fry the vegetables until just tender. Start with the onions, then add the carrots, garlic and beans, and finally the courgette, pepper, ginger and half of the spring onions.
4) Meanwhile, boil the noodles according to the instructions on the packet (usually about 6 minutes)
5) Add the drained noodles to the wok with the peanut sauce.
6) Heat through and serve, garnished with remaining chopped spring onions.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.