Oven Temperature: 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Quantity: Makes 12
100g (4 oz) plain flour
25g (1 oz) vegetable margarine
25g (1 oz) trex (soft vegetable fat)
1 or 2 tablespoons of water
Pure fruit spread or jam
You will also need:
Board for rolling out
Pastry cutter (7.5 cm across)
Jam tart tin
Before you begin: wash your hands, lay out your things and switch on the oven.
1) Put the flour in a large bowl.
2) Put the margarine and trex on top of the flour, and rub it in with your fingers until there are no lumps of margarine or trex.
3) Add a tablespoon of water and stir it in.
4) Press the lumps of mixture together tightly with your hands. If it falls apart, add a tiny bit more water.
5) Roll out the pastry onto a floured board.
6) Cut out 12 circles using a 7.5cm pastry cutter.
7) Grease your jam tart tray and lay the circles of pastry into the dents.
8) Put a teaspoon of jam into each tart.
9) Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 200ºC/400ºF.
10) Cool your jam tarts on a wire cooling rack.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.