Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Quantity: Makes 12 slices
Before you start, check that you have all of the ingredients.
300g (12 oz) digestive biscuits
50g (2 oz) dried fruit or nuts (optional)
100g (4 oz) margarine
1 rounded tablespoon of golden syrup or maple syrup
100g (4 oz) plain chocolate
Things you will need
square or oblong cake tin
large plastic freezer bag & rolling pin
small bowl - a plastic pudding basin is perfect
big bowl - a big plastic bowl or mixing bowl is good
a space in the fridge
1) First, wash your hands and lay out all of the things that you will need. Grease your baking tray.
2) Weigh out 300g (12 oz) of biscuits. Put the digestive biscuits into the plastic bag and tie a knot in the top. Bash the biscuits gently with the rolling pin until you have crumbs.
3) Put the biscuitcrumbs in a bowl, and add the fruit and nuts if you are using those.
4) Break the chocolate into squares, and put it into small bowl with the margarine and syrup. Melt them together by putting the bowl into a larger bowl half full of boiling water.
5) Pour the melted margarine and chocolate over the biscuit crumbs and stir with a wooden spoon until all the crumbs are chocolatey.
6) Tip the chocolate biscuit mixture into the greased cake tin. Spread it out evenly and press it down all over with the spoon.
7) Put your chocolate biscuit cake in the fridge for at least an hour. Cut it into about 12 slices.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.