Quantity: 1 jelly or about 6 small jellies
You can also make alcoholic jelly by substituting some of the boiling water for spirits, though I'm a bit cautious about putting too much alcohol in after some distasterous veggie-jelly experiments when I was a teenager! This jelly had about 100ml of vodka.
1 sachet of 'just wholefoods' vegetarian jelly crystals
1 tin of lychees
A handful of strawberries (fresh or frozen)
A tablespoon of caster sugar
1) Put the strawberries in a pan with the sugar, and cook over a very low heat until the strawberries are mushy. Mash with a fork or puree with a hand blender.
2) Drain the lychees and assemble the 'eyeballs' by putting strawberry puree in the hole in the middle of each one, and plugging the hole with a blueberry.
3) Arrange the 'eyeballs' in your jelly mould/moulds.
4) Make up the jelly, by pouring the jelly crystals into a jug and filling to the 'pint' level with boiling water.
5) Stir the jelly until the crystals dissolve, then pour into the moulds and leave to cool.
6) Chill in the fridge until set. Turn out of the moulds just before serving.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.