Easter Shortbread Biscuits
Oven Temperature: 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Quantity: about 16 biscuits
I thought I'd be different and go for Easter hedgehogs rather than Easter bunnies, as I wanted to try out my new cutters!
50g (2 oz) vegetable margarine
25g (1 oz) caster sugar
75g (3 oz) plain flour
1/4 tsp ground mixed spice
50g (2oz) currants
Grated rind of 1 lemon and 1 orange
1) Blend margarine with sugar.
2) Stir in the flour and ground mixed spice to form a dough.
3) Add the currants and lemon/orange rind and knead lightly.
4) Roll out the dough and cut out Easter-y shapes with a cutter.
5) Bake for about 8 minutes at 200ºC/400ºF until pale brown.
6) Sprinkle with caster sugar and cool on a cooling rack.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.