Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream
There seemed to be a mint essence shortage when I decided I had to have a recipe for this, so I had to resort to polos! Mint essence is much easier, but they both taste fine.
1 tsp peppermint essence or 1 packet of polo mints!
340g/12oz (1 pack) soft tofu
50 ml (2 fl oz) soya milk
50 ml (2 fl oz) vegetable oil
4 level tablespoons caster sugar
100g (4 oz) plain chocolate or 100g (4 oz) of plain chocolate chips
Green food colouring (optional)
1) If you too have failed in your quest for mint essence, grind up your polos in any way you see fit! I used a mortar and pestle but was contemplating bashing them with a rolling pin. A coffee grinder would be a good choice, I suppose.
2) Cut the chocolate up into small chunks with a sharp knife.
3) Put tofu, soya milk, vegetable oil, sugar and mint essence/polos and green colouring in a blender, until smooth.
4) Stir in the chocolate pieces.
5) Pour into an ice-cream maker and churn until frozen.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.