Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Quantity: 4 Servings
Obviously you can do whatever you want with fruit salad. This is my favourite quick version.
1 small charentais melon
2 or 3 small fruits e.g. apple, pear, nectarine
1 ripe mango
1 tin pineapple pieces in natural juice
1 tin mandarin orange segments in juice (optional)
1) Put pineapple and orange segments into a large bowl, and cover with juice.
2) Cut melon in half and scoop out seeds. Cut into wedges then cut off the skin and chop into pieces. Add to bowl.
3) Cut up apples (or other fruit), add to bowl immediately and stir.
4) Cut mango into pieces. Mangoes have a very large flattish-stone which runs vertically through the whole fruit, with the fleshy bits on each side of the stone. A good way of cutting mangoes up is to cut the two fleshy bits from the stone, and then to make vertical and horizontal cuts right through the fruit (but not the skin) about 2cm apart (so you end up with a 2cm2 grid). Then you just turn the skin inside out (to make a kind of 'hedgehog!) and pull the mango cubes off. Add them to the rest of the fruit.
5) Pour enough orange juice over the top to cover, garnish with sprigs of mint and put in the fridge until you're ready to eat it!
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.