Fluffy Canadian Pancakes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Quantity: about 6
I made these ones with 1/2 a punnet of blueberries in the batter, and the other half served alongside.
225g (8 oz) self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
25g (1 oz) caster sugar
1 heaped tablespoon of soya flour
275ml soya milk
1/2 cap vanilla essence
Fruit (add to the batter or lay slices on top of the batter when you pour it in the pan)
1) Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir them together.
2) Pour in milk and vanilla essence until you have quite a thick batter.
3) Drop small ladlefuls into a fairly hot lightly oiled frying pan (or if you have an aga - straight onto lightly greased simmering plate).
4) Wait until bubbles appear all over the surface of the pancakes, then flip them over and cook on the other side until browned.
5) Keep going until all the batter is gone. Keep the cooked pancakes warm under a clean tea towel.
6) Stack the pancakes on small plates, and pour over lots of maple syrup.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.