Quantity: 4 generous servings
I think this works well in a wine glass, or glass dish, but any old bowl will do. If you're struggling to find whipping cream, you could use soft tofu for the mousse part, and coconut cream for the topping.
8 Double Chocolate Cookies - broken into pieces
2 cartons of dairy-free whipping cream (Found in tetrapak cartons in health food shops or 'free-from' sections in supermarkets)
125g vegan chocolate
Grated chocolate for garnishing
1. Break the chocolate into pieces, and melt it in a pyrex/plastic bowl over a pan of boiling water. Don't let any water splash in!
2. Whisk the cream until it is quite stiff. Set aside about a quarter of it for topping the trifles.
3. Pour the melted chocolate into the remaining three-quarters of the cream, and whisk to incorporate.
4. Meanwhile, make the chocolate sauce. If you made it earlier, you might need to re-heat it if it has gone too solid.
5. Assemble your trifles by layering broken biscuits, chocolate sauce and chocolate cream. Top with a layer of plain cream, and garnish with grated chocolate.
6. Chill in the fridge before serving.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.