Quantity: 8 servings
I do say so myself, but this is REALLY good! Especially if you use fancy chocolate.
200g (8 oz) vegan digestive biscuits (Try co-op, M&S or tesco value)
75g (3 oz) vegan margarine
1 tub/225g plain vegan cream cheese. I use tofutti.
170g/6oz (1/2 pack) silken tofu
1 tbsp vegetable oil
60g (2 1/2 oz) caster sugar
125g plain chocolate
1 tsp vanilla essence
1) Grease a loose based cake tin. One that is about 6 1/2 or 7 inches will work best.
2) Crush the digestive biscuits.
3) Melt the margarine in a pan, and pour over the digestive biscuit crumbs. Mix thoroughly, and pour into the cake tin. Press down evenly with a spoon until the base is very firmly compacted.
4) Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water.
5) Put tofu, cream cheese, vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla essence in a blender and blend until smooth. If you don't have a blender, you'll need to get it as smooth as you can with a whisk or a fork.
6) Stir in the melted chocolate.
7) Pour the topping over the biscuit base and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
8) To get it out of the tin, put it on top of a cereal bowl and push down on the outside of the tin, leaving the cheescake sitting on the bowl. Ingenious! Then you can slide it off the bottom of the tin and onto a plate.
9) You could decorate it with whipped vegan cream, chocolate curls or sliced strawberries.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.