Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Quantity: about 6
Also nice with peach or nectarine slices. Lay the slices onto the batter just after you ladle it into the pan.
225g (8 oz) self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
25g (1 oz) caster sugar
1 heaped tablespoon of soya flour
275ml soya milk
1/2 cap vanilla essence
Half a punnet of blueberries
1) Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir them together.
2) Pour in milk and vanilla essence until you have quite a thick batter. Stir in the blueberries.
3) Drop small ladlefuls into a fairly hot lightly oiled frying pan (or if you have an aga - straight onto lightly greased simmering plate).
4) Wait until bubbles appear all over the surface of the pancakes, then flip them over and cook on the other side until browned.
5) Keep going until all the batter is gone. Keep the cooked pancakes warm under a clean tea towel.
6) Stack the pancakes on small plates, and pour over lots of maple syrup.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.