Oven Temperature: 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
If you're not a fan of pastry making, jus'rol shortcrust pastry is vegan!
200g (8 oz) self raising flour
100g (4 oz) vegetable margarine
2 - 3 tbsp water
225g (9 oz) Christmas mincemeat (about 1/3 of a standard jar)
1) Rub the margarine into the flour until the mixture resembles 'breadcrumbs'.
2) Add the water and blend it in with a palette knife until it *just* clumps together.
3) Press the mixture together tightly with your hands and roll it out on a floured board.
4) Cut out 12 circles using a 7.5cm pastry cutter, and 12 using a 6cm pastry cutter.
5) Grease your mince pie tray and lay the larger circles of pastry into the dents.
6) Put a rounded teaspoon of mincemeat into each pie.
7) Dip your finger into a cup of water and run it round the edge of each pastry circle in the tin.
8) Put the smaller pastry circles on top of each pie, and press down at the edges.
9) Stick a fork in the top of each pie to let the steam out while it is cooking.
10) Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes at 200ºC/400ºF.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.