Oven Temperature: 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Quantity: Makes 12 muffins
275g (10oz) self raising flour
175g (6oz) sugar
1 tsp baking powder
100ml (4 fl oz) vegetable oil
200ml (8 fl oz) soya milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 jar, tin or small punnet of fruit! Summer fruits and cherries are good. These ones are made with 125g of blueberries.
1) Sift flour, baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
2) Stir in the sugar.
3) Whisk the vegetable oil, soya milk and vanilla in a jug and quickly stir it into the flour mixture.
4) Quickly stir in the fruit. The total stirring should take less than 30 seconds and it's fine if it's really lumpy.
5) Divide the mixture between non-stick muffin tins or muffin cases.
6) Bake at 200ºC/400ºF for 20-30 minutes or until risen and cooked through.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.