Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Oven Temperature: 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Quantity: Makes 12 large muffins
275g (10oz) self raising flour
175g (6oz) sugar
1 tsp baking powder
100g chopped chocolate or vegan chocolate chips
100ml (4 fl oz) vegetable oil
200ml (8 fl oz) soya milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tin of cherries or about 300g of fresh cherries.
1) Sift flour, baking powder, and cocoa into a large mixing bowl.
2) Stir in the sugar and chocolate.
3) Whisk the vegetable oil, soya milk and vanilla in a jug and quickly stir it into the flour mixture.
4) Quickly stir in the fruit. The total stirring should take less than 30 seconds and it's fine if it's really lumpy.
5) Divide the mixture between non-stick muffin tins or muffin cases and bake at 200ºC/400ºF for 20-30 minutes or until risen and cooked through.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.