Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Quantity: Makes about 8
Great for breakfast or with salad. They are MUCH easier to make if you use a non-stick frying pan.
50g (2 oz) plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
large pinch of salt
About 125ml soya milk
1 large tin sweetcorn (326g undrained weight)
vegetable oil for frying
1) Put flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2) Whisk in the soya milk bit by bit until frothy.
3) Drain sweetcorn and stir into the batter.
4) Fry ladlefuls of mixture, flattening out with the ladle. Wait until you see bubbles rising to the surface before you carefully turn the fritters over.
5) As you cook them, put them on a warm plate between kitchen paper and keep them warm until you eat them.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.