Sundried Tomato Scone
Oven Temperature: 220ºC/435ºF/Gas 7
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
225g (8 oz) self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 pint soya milk
1 tbsp tomato ketchup/tomato puree
1 tsp vegetarian worcester sauce
About 8 sun-dried tomatoes - finely chopped
1) Put flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2) Rub margarine into the flour with your fingertips.
3) Stir tomato ketchup and worcester sauce into milk. Stir chopped tomatoes (and soya chips, if using) into flour.
4) Slowly mix soya milk into the flour until you have a slightly sticky dough. You may not need all the milk.
5) Knead the dough on a floured board for 2 minutes.
6) Shape into a circle, cut into wedges, and overlap wedges to form a 'wheel'. Brush top with soya milk.
7) Cook for about 30 minutes at 220ºC/435ºF until cooked through. Serve warm.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.