That's a no. 7 in the photo.
The obvious ones are peanut butter, jam or marmite (yuk!), but there are other possibilities.
1) Vegetarian Pate and cucumber
2) Fried slices of smoked tofu
3) Olive Paste/Tapenade with olives
4) Pesto open sandwich on French bread with olives and fresh basil leaves on top (Ah! Heaven!)
5) Falafel and Hummus, with Carrot Salad and shredded lettuce - either in a pita pocket or a wholemeal roll.
6) Roasted Mediterranean vegetables (slice onion, courgette and pepper, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, black pepper and thyme and roast on a baking tray for about 10 minutes in a hot oven or under the grill.)
7) 'Dixie Not-Tuna' (from Vegan Store) mashed with vegan mayonnaise with sweetcorn and quartered cucumber slices, and lettuce.
8) Avocado slices with alfalfa sprouts. Or just avocado!!!
9) Vegan sausages in french bread. Great for breakfast.
10) Vegan bacon on ciabatta topped with sliced avocado.
11) The Red Wellies Sandwich Special: Homemade hummous, little gem lettuce, tomato, alfalfa sprouts and beetroot (not pickled) in homemade bread. The best bread is half wholemeal, half white, with linseed, pumpkin, poppy, sunflower, and sesame seeds added.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.