Peanut Butter Cookies
Oven Temperature: 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Quantity: 18 biscuits
75g (3 oz) soft vegetable margarine
50g (2 oz) peanut butter
50g (2 oz) caster sugar
50g (2 oz) demerara sugar
100g (4 oz) plain flour
Pinch of salt
1) Blend margarine with peanut butter and then stir in the sugars.
2) Stir in the flour to make a dough.
3) Shape the mixture into 18 balls. Space them out onto baking trays and flatten each slightly with a fork (making a criss-cross pattern on the top).
4) Bake each tray for about 15 minutes at 200ºC/400ºF until pale brown.
5) Leave to cool slightly before very carefully transferring them to a cooling rack.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.