Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oven Temperature: 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Quantity: 16 small or 8 large cookies
100g (4 oz) soft vegetable margarine
100g (4 oz) caster sugar
150g (6 oz) plain flour (self-raising is ok too)
1 tsp vanilla essence
75g (3 oz) dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
1) Beat margarine and sugar until fluffy
2) Add vanilla essence and chocolate chips, then stir in the flour to make a dough. If the mixture won't form a dough, add a tablespoon of soya milk.
3) Shape the mixture into 8 or 16 balls.
4) Space them out onto baking trays and flatten each slightly with the back of a spoon.
5) Bake each tray for about 8 minutes at 200ºC/400ºF until pale brown.
6) Leave to cool slightly before transferring them to a cooling rack.
© Cherry 2012. Questions, comments & corrections welcome. Email Cherry at Parsleysoup.